Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Reading is Sexy!

Over the weekend I became the 7th Facebook friend of someone in my neighborhood whom I have known for years. She wrote back her reasons for finally signing up (to follow her young adult daughter's postings) and told me a funny story. She and her husband walk around the neighborhood and near where I live, her husband noticed a truck with a bumper sticker that says, "Reading is Sexy." He is convinced it is on my vehicle since I'm a librarian and she is sure it isn't because it is parked too far away.

It is not my bumper sticker but my brother-in-law did give me a yellow button which says Reading is Sexy. Reading is sexy. Try these:

The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine
Find out what women want. Why are women more verbal than men? Why do women remember details of fights that men can't remember at all? Dr. Brizendine reveals all, in this readable book. Just to be fair she has recently written,

The Male Brain
Why can't boys sit still? Why does a teen boy's behavior change so dramatically? What about the brain and sexual orientation? Why are expressions of anger, facial expressions and spatial manipulation different for men and women? Brizendine explains all.

posted by mb